ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING, ENGAGING ENTRY INTO STRATEGY CONSULTING, WITH SUPPORTIVE LEARNING AND THE OPPORTUNITY FOR PROGRESSION AFTER JUST SIX MONTHS? WE OFFER GRADUATES THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK ACROSS MULTIPLE SECTORS WITH SOME OF THE WORLD'S BEST-KNOWN BRANDS.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
Cognosis is a London-based strategy consultancy with a difference. For 25 years we have been helping some of the world’s biggest businesses and consumer brands build strategies that ignite and sustain growth.
We believe that strategy should engage and excite; we work closely with our clients to co-create strategy that they believe in and are excited to implement.
We build strategies that drive long-term revenue growth for businesses. Our work centres on exploring the future, creating a competitive advantage and building long-term strategies. Whether our clients need to rethink the strategy for a brand, portfolio or an entire organisation, we can help.
We work across multiple sectors with many exciting organisations and brands. Our work sees us undertaking projects for the likes of AB InBev, Lenovo, Dr. Martens, Diageo, AkzoNobel and Mental Health UK.
At Cognosis we each bring something different to our team. We pride ourselves on an inclusive environment where diverse thinking and experience are valued. Difference creates challenge and challenge creates better ideas.
When it comes to what we have in common, our company values are at the heart of how we conduct ourselves as a business and as a team. They are:
- Be brave and strive to break new ground
- Put the team first
- Show hunger to grow
- Have empathy and integrity
Find out more about what we do and who we work with here.
We offer an exceptional learning experience to get your consulting career off to a flying start. Starting as an Analyst, you will take part in our structured Graduate Development Programme, with fantastic support and the opportunity to progress to Consultant level after just six months in role.
Expect intellectually-engaging work and plenty of opportunities to be close to the action – this is not a ‘back-office’ Analyst role.
We work with board-level clients, as well as strategy, marketing, and innovation teams. Client interactions are frequent and as a small firm, you will work with some truly interesting organisations, brands and people during the Programme.
You will get to know your new colleagues quickly and find them generous with their time and experience; we are not big on hierarchy at Cognosis, and everyone’s contribution is valued. You can meet the team here.
All in all, our graduates tell us that the experience they gained on our Programme was invaluable.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Are you a curious, motivated individual, who enjoys problem-solving? Are you as comfortable working with people as you are with facts and figures? Do you find yourself fascinated by how businesses and markets operate? If yes, then a career at Cognosis could be for you!
Our applicants come from a broad range of academic backgrounds. We don’t seek a specific degree qualification. Instead we uncover your abilities through a series of practical assessments throughout the recruitment process.
In addition to great emotional intelligence and a genuine interest in business strategy, we are looking for individuals who are able to quickly learn how to derive insights from qualitative and quantitative information. We also need individuals with great communication skills who can present their findings clearly and concisely.
You will also need to be highly organised, resourceful, and enjoy the challenge of hitting deadlines.
Finally, you will be passionate about developing insights to unlock business challenges and bring energy and drive to all that you do.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch! We’d love to meet you.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Life at Cognosis is not like other strategy consultancies – certainly that’s what our team tell us. We promise to ignite and sustain your career growth, provide you with flexibility over when and where you work, and support you with some great benefits along the way.
After your first week of induction, you will be welcomed into one of our project teams and start contributing to client work. No two projects are the same, but your role will typically involve research, reviewing and structuring strategic documents, and analysing data. You will be presenting and explaining your findings to senior team members and clients. You may also have the chance to contribute to the preparation and organisation of client workshops.
You will be assigned a buddy to support you, and a mentor who will help you review your progress on your journey to Consultant, using our development framework. Training opportunities will run alongside practical work experience to provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
WHAT WE OFFER
As an Analyst you will receive:
- Base salary of £31,000
- A bonus (via our profit share scheme)
- 30 days holiday per year after 2 years’ service (25 days on joining), plus additional ‘life leave’
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements, with the option to work remotely for up to three days per week and to work abroad or away for up to 3 weeks each year
- Contribution towards home office set up
- Private medical insurance, including dental and optical cashback
- 24-hour confidential employee assistance offering lifestyle and wellbeing support
- Regular team events, including an annual two-day team offsite
- Cycle scheme (onsite cycling facilities available)
- Free onsite barista
- Free wellness and lifestyle events on site
- Onsite cafe, pizza restaurant, cocktail bar & cinema club
- Additional ‘Long Service Leave’ granted every 5 years
- Exceptional family leave including up to 30 weeks full pay for all new parents
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Income Protection & Life Assurance
After six months, your readiness for Consultant level will be reviewed. Upon promotion to Consultant, your salary will increase to £36,000 and your bonus earning potential will double.
HOW TO APPLY
We have closed applications for our September '23 and January '24 Programmes. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our waiting list and receive notifications about future Graduate Programmes.
- Our clients span many industries, including alcoholic drinks, tobacco and gambling. Whilst we cannot guarantee that industry preferences can be taken into account, we seek to accommodate when feasible.
- It is essential candidates have fluent written & spoken English
- Candidates must also hold the right to work in the UK full-time without sponsorship. We will consider applications from candidates who will have a two-year graduate visa in place before their join date
- Successful candidates will be required to undertake occasional travel to client sites.
FURTHER CANDIDATE INFORMATION
Candidate privacy statement:
We are committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are based on principles of fairness and equity, are free from bias and do not discriminate under the Equality Act 2010.
All applicants are invited to complete a diversity monitoring questionnaire. This enables us to review the outcome of our recruitment processes once they are concluded and make continual improvements year on year. Your information will not be stored with your application and will not be used as part of the selection process.
Applications for our September '23 and January '24 Programmes are now shut. Please click below to be added to our waiting list and receive notifications about future Graduate Programmes.